Employment Law - Wage/Hour
Hathaway attorneys provide expert guidance to management, human resource professionals, business owners and employees. California’s employment laws are some of the toughest and most complex in the nation and we are able to guide our clients through compliance and aggressive representation in litigation and administrative hearings. Several of the attorneys are personally involved in business and in agriculture. This gives our firm a unique ability to analyze and solve employment problems from a practical perspective and provides an ability to anticipate the actual needs of the employer or the employee.
- • Ensuring correct classification of exempt and non-exempt employees
- • Compliance with wage and hour rules, including expense and mileage reimbursement
- • Compliance with federal and state leave laws
- • Terminations and discipline
- • Designing and implementing employee handbooks and related documents, including arbitration agreements
- • Training management on employment related matters and workplace investigations
- • Investigating and resolving wrongful termination, harassment and discrimination claims pre-litigation
- • Representing employers in administrative hearings, including EEOC mediations, the California Labor Board, Unemployment Insurance Appeals, and similar forums.
- • Class action defense and prosecution
- • Effective and aggressive litigation, including mediations, jury trials and appellate work in state and federal courts and private arbitrations
Several of the attorneys have personal experience running and managing businesses outside of the legal field. This unique perspective allows for their insight into all sides of the problems and issues of employee/employer relations.